Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sushi A-Go-Go Trailer


Sushi A-Go-Go

I heard of Sushi A-Go-Go right before I went to China, and I found myself in the area recently and thought it a perfect time to rekindle the joy in trying out different trailer food around town. I didn't expect the sushi chef to make my order fresh after I ordered. That was a very pleasant surprise. I expected to get a box of pre-made sushi rolls from the fridge like at HEB. Well, for less than the price of those at grocery stores, you get delicious, inventive, and fresh rolls!

I went crazy and ordered 3 rolls and 3 sauces:

-Sunshine Roll-with salmon, mango, and avocado
-Swamp Roll-Tabasco crawfish, pickled okra
-Superfly Roll-baked salmon skin, cucumber, burdock root, scallion, masago, BBQ eel, and eel sauce

-Mango Sauce-mango, apple vinegar, and sugar
-Green Texas Sauce-jalepeno, cilantro, garlic, mayo, and fish stock
-Go-Go Sauce-chili powder, miso, mayo, vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, sesame oil, and sugar


Swamp, Superfly, and Sunshine Rolls

I had a lot of fun dipping my sushi rolls in the different sauces so that each piece had a totally different flavor. My favorite roll was the Superfly and my favorite sauce was the Green Texas Sauce. I love the kick of the jalepeno.

Swamp Roll; Superfly Roll

Sunshine Roll

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to check this place out! Thanks for the review and the yummy pics. :)

    ReplyDelete