Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dad's Cooking

I would just like to take the time to put the spotlight on my dad. As many of you know, I watched my mom cook since I was a baby, and learned the basics of Chinese home-cooking from her. However, she's not the only chef in the family. My dad was always a fantastic cook but haven't found time to cook a lot until after he retired. He has now, taken on the role of head chef in the household, and whenever our family gets together, he creates a smashing meal of great variety. Give him any ingredient, and he'll make it into an incredible Chinese-style dish!

Just check out the dishes he made for one meal!

Stir-fried Lobster Tail with Ginger, Green Onions, and Garlic

Winter Melon Braised in a Dried Shrimp Broth

Stir-Fried Leafy Vegetable

Pan-Fried Prawns in a Sweet and Spicy Garlic Sauce

Smoked Chicken and Caramalized Duck Leg

1 comment: