Saturday, June 6, 2009

TC Noodle House

Whenever we go to MT Market, we always eat at Pho Saigon or First Chinese. This time, we mixed things up a bit by going to TC Noodle House. The first thing I noticed was how attentive and nice the staff was. This is quite a rare quality in Asian restaurants. TC Noodle House specializes in Chaozhou 潮州 (Teo-Chew) cuisine, which means that their egg noodles and duck should be good.

I like testing out a restaurant's Thai tea when they offer it on the menu regardless of the cuisine. I liked how this Thai tea isn't too sweet, but I would like it more if it had more cream.

Thai Tea
We started with the Rice Cake Omelette (101) and the Teo-Chew Marinated Duck (111). The Omelette was ridiculously greasy, which ruined the texture. It came with black vinegar. When I got back home, I toasted it in my toaster oven and patted it dry with paper towels...tasted great! The duck was good, not great. The flavor was a bit too light. Tay Do in Houston offers a much better Teo-Chew Marinated Duck because the jus of the duck and the marinade penetrates the meat.

Rice Cake Omelette; Teo-Chew Marinated Duck
The Wonton Soup with Shrimp (215) and the Egg Noodle with Cubed Beef are very tasty. The cubed beef is tender and juicy, and the dark brown sauce makes the noodles taste like they're caramalized. Delicious. I'll have to get my brother to order this one day.


Wonton Soup with Shrimp; Egg Noodle with Cubed Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment