Friday, June 5, 2009

Simple Stuffed Veggies

I hate following recipes because it requires you to buy certain ingredients that may not already be in your fridge. For a grad student, that can add quite a chunk of money to your monthly grocery expense if you don't meal-plan while you grocery shop. I'm a firm believer in scrounging something up from stuff you already have.

Stuff in the Fridge and Pantry
Bell Pepper
Zucchini
Bok Choy
Tomato
Ground Pork
Parmesan
Italian Bread Crumbs
Linguine
Olive Oil
A-ha! La courgette farcie et le poivron farci avec 白菜 con linguine. A little bit of French, Chinese, and Italian cuisine!
I halved the bell pepper and zucchini and scooped out the seeds, rubbed olive oil all over the veggies with a paper towel, and stuffed the cavities with a mixture of very lightly soy marinated pork, bok choy, and bread crumbs. I covered the bottom of the baking pan with some water so the veggies won't burn, and placed the veggies onto the pan and into the oven. I prepped a simple linguine tossed with tomatoes and parmesan to go with my veggies and a meal is made.
Stuffed bell pepper and zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment