Monday, December 20, 2010

Austin Restaurant Week Fall 2010: 1886 Cafe and Bakery

I'll start by saying that this was the most disappointing meal in Austin of 2010.  I had such high hopes for the Kobe beef haute dogs that the 1886 Cafe & Bakery was offering during restaurant week.  I was even impressed when they brought out TWO Kobe beef dogs on my plate!  Unfortunately, I couldn't even finish one dog, and it wasn't because of the huge portion...It was absolutely tasteless.  They might as well have given me one crappy dog, and I would've been happier.  Sure, the baked beans were tasty, but I did not come here for beans.  I came here for my entree.  I tried very hard to at least finish one hot dog, but the flavorless dog coupled with the powerful (not in a good way) red cabbage made it impossible for me to eat.

Kobe Beef Haute Dog - 8oz Kobe beef hot dog, sweet and sour braised red cabbage, spicy Shiner mustard, Austin baked beans

Baked Beans


The chocolate cake was really delicious, but it was not worth the torture I had to endure with the nasty kobe beef dog.
1886 Chocolate Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment