Saturday, November 7, 2009

Frank Hot Dogs and Beer

Frank

I recently met up with Fickle Foodie and our friend, Sara, for hot dogs at Frank, seeing how the joint is the talk of the town right now.

All of us enjoyed the chili cheese waffle fries, and I liked my corn cup.

Corn Cup; Chili Cheese Waffle Fries
I really can't say much about the crawfish boil hot dog (pork, crawfish tails, and corn sausage topped with potato salad). I waited more than a week to try it, and when I got it, I was sorely disappointed. The sausage lacked Cajun seasoning. C'mon. If it's called crawfish boil, I better feel like sneezing because of the spices and seasonings. There was no "bam" to this dog; instead, I got bland.
Crawfish Boil
My friends enjoyed their dogs, so maybe my choice was a blip on the menu.

Diablo Verde; Notorious P.I.G.
I'm not sure if I will return. I enjoyed the texture of the sausage on a crusty bread, but I can pretty much re-create anything on the menu I really want to try at home with the help of some interesting sausages at Central Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment