Friday, April 17, 2009

El Pollo Regio, Now El Pollo Rico



I would have never tried El Pollo Regio if not for the raving reviews on Yelp. The food was plentiful, cheap, and not bad. I can't say that it's great because I find the chicken too dry and burnt...al carbon taken too literally perhaps? The hot lime sauce was crazy spicy for me, but pretty good. The tangy sauce refreshes the hovering burnt flavor. Their beans are awesome, and I rarely say anything good about beans. The leftovers made a great work lunch the next day. I don't think I'll crave it anytime soon, but it's still worth having it as an option when I feel like a quick meal.

pollo al carbon

beans and rice
leftovers for next day's lunch

1 comment:

  1. i think pollo regio its great i love it i use to eat it like 3 times a week i guess it all depends were you go i love it love it love it the beans the rice the chicken its great i want some right now

    ReplyDelete