Monday, March 15, 2010

The Steeping Room

I wanted to go to The Steeping Room for the longest time.  The afternoon tea ambiance and the delicate and creative sandwiches, sweets, and drinks indicated by the menu all had the potential to get on my favorite things checklist.  The prices, well, not so much...

The dressing on the salad was delicious, the sandwich had clean flavors and was light, the mint tea was refreshing, and the orange tea cake was way too sweet.  The food is fine, but in the end, the meal was way too simple for me to plunk down hard-earned grad student money. 

Kasbah Cooler-Moroccan mint green tea, mint and pomegranate syrup, and rose water

Jasmine Tea-Cured Atlantic Salmon Sandwich with cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumbers

Orange Tea Cake

Unfortunately for me, I am intrigued by the other menu items: the simple but creative sandwich concoctions like the lemon edamame sandwich, the overly sweet desserts like the matcha dusted brownie, and drinks like the Mojteato. Thus, I will likely find my way back until I have satisfied my curiousity.  And of course, I'll have to try their afternoon tea at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment