Friday, March 26, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Dinner

I know I am beyond late in posting about St. Patrick's Day, but homework over spring break and presentations afterwards have been kicking my butt!

My friends were my lucky charms for giving me a reason to enjoy one evening during spring break by hosting a St. Patrick's Day potluck!  I was in no mood to cook, and I came upon an easy, no-cooking necessary Irish recipe--Smoked Salmon and Chive Butter on Irish Soda Bread.  I used Kerrygold Irish Butter and used Central Market Irish Soda Bread instead of making my own due to a time crunch.

Kerrygold Irish Butter with Fresh Chives on Central Market Irish Soda Bread

Smoked Salmon and Chive Butter on Irish Soda Bread

Our friend Kevin baked Irish soda bread and cooked corned beef with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and celery.  I was kicking myself for not having communicated with Kevin beforehand about Irish soda bread, but it was good that we had two.  The Central Market loaf was less dense and thus more suitable for my smoked salmon hors d'oeuvres, whereas Kevin's was better with our hearty main course.

Kevin carving corned beef

Pot o' Corned Beef and Vegetables

Kevin's Irish Soda Bread

Serious Food Photoshoot

Eating corned beef traditionally with grain mustard

A Very Irish Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment