Sunday, January 8, 2023

Rebooting My Dinosaur of a Food Blog Post-Child, Post-Pandemic, and Post-Dad

As expected, our lives have changed much since my last post about our trip to Montreal. That was written at a time when we were still a young married couple before a kid, before moving twice (Seattle to Madison and then Madison to Austin), and before the coronavirus outbreak. 

I've only played Pandemic, the board game, once at Cafe Mox inside Card Kingdom in Seattle. It was gruesomely fascinating to see it play out in real life while trying to figure out how to keep our daughter safe, healthy, and in good spirits while seeing my dad fade away from us long-distance and my mom's life turn upside down. 

Cooking and baking at home rather than eating out became a focus for us while we were locked down in 2020, but it fell to the wayside at the close of 2020 and as we moved to Austin after my dad's passing to tend to other family needs. 
Farewell to Grandpa, 2020, and our lives in Wisconsin

We're moving again?!?!

After almost 2 years since our move to Austin (3rd time residency in this city!!!), we're starting to feel some optimism about getting back into the swing of more social engagements and family vacations. I figured that I can start blogging again with more activities beyond the confines of our home, but I realized that my good ol' food blog is a thing of the past. I'm turning 40 this year and my preferred method of sharing experiences and opinions about food is now so retro. How do I use Instragram with the constant barrage of new features? What equipment and apps do I need to do a vlog? 

Keep Austin Weird Bat Mural at the Triangle

Haha! I'm not going to worry about readership this time. It was never about that beyond sharing and communicating with a couple of friends and family. 

Food Dilettante, let's see how long our comeback lasts! Cheers!

Glorious New Year Sugar Cookies from Our New Neighbors 

No comments:

Post a Comment