Friday, January 20, 2023

Komé: Sushi Kitchen Review

Since we rarely leave the Round Rock area, I make sure to plan out lunch/dinner, coffee, and grocery pick up whenever I need to run to Austin for some kind of errand.

I had to take my mom to the Airport Blvd area recently, and we lunched at Komé: Sushi Kitchen. I'm really excited that that area has been attracting more restaurants and coffeeshops! I would've checked out Jewboy Burgers, but I knew my mom enjoys Japanese food over burgers any day.

We ordered an una tama-don and a komè bento. They both came with a delicious bowl of miso soup. For the bento, you get a choice of roll. I decided to try something I've never had before - raw squid - the ika-umè-shiso roll, which as squid, cucumber, umè, shiso. The flavor wasn't distinct, but it was pleasantly less chewy than I thought it would be and pretty refreshing! I liked the balance of the clean taste of the sashimi and the fried and crunchy chicken karaage.

komè bento
(kara-agè, agè-dashi tofu, side salad, sashimi assortment, and ika-umè-shiso roll

My mom loved her eel rice bowl. It's simple but comforting for her. Look at that juicy egg! Yum!

una tama-don
(bbq unagi, onsen egg, negi, pickled daikon, nori, fried onion)

Overall, the food was fresh and delicious, and the service was excellent! I want to come back for dinner so I can try out the grilled items that are only available for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment